From a book by Stephen R.Covey, there's one conversation I want to share with you
------------------
'....Look at my marriage. I'm really worried. My wife and I just don't have the same feelings for each other we used to have. I guess I just don't love her anymore and she doesn't love me. What can I do?'
'The feeling isn't there anymore?' I asked.
'That's right', he reaffirmed. 'And we have three children we're really concerned about. What do you suggest?'
'Love her,' I replied.
'I told you, the feelings just isn't there anymore.'
'Love her.'
'You don't understand. The feeling of love just isn't there.'
'Then love her If the feeling isn't there, that's a good reason to love her.'
'But how do you love when you don't love?'
'My friend, LOVE is a VERB. LOVE - the feeling - is a fruit of love, the verb. So love her. Serve her. Sacrifice. Listen to her. Empathize. Appreciate. Affirm her. Are you willing to do that?
--------
"LOVE is something you DO: the sacrifices you make, the giving of self, like a mother bringing a newborn into the world. If you want to study love, study those who sacrifice for others, even for people who offend or do not love in return. If you are a parent, look at the love you have for the children you sacrificed for. Love is a value that is actualized through loving actions. Proactive people subordinate feelings to values. Love, the feeling, can be recaptured. "
(Stephen R.Covey)